You can create your own customized IoT applications using the template we provide. For example, you can download our generic tracking application template to create a Vehicle Tracking application.
And from the same template, you could create a Pet Tracking application. Once you have created your application, you can connect sensors to collect data & present output.
|The sandbox environment shares devices and users among applications on the same account.|
CREATE AN APPLICATION
In this tutorial, you will learn how to
- Create a tracking application from IOT. NINJA’s KAGE platform
- Download the application
- Extract the application file
- Run the application locally
This tutorial assumes that you already have nvm, and the correct node version in your machine. If you haven't done so, please go to our support website at support.iotninja.io and type Requirements on the search bar
To create an application
- Open a browser and navigate to app.iotninja.io
- Login using your KAGE account
- On the sidebar, select Create Application
- Select Hokage Shuriken template.
- Fill-in the ApplicationID, Name and Description using Alpha Numeric characters
Next, download the Tracking Template
- On the sidebar, select Download and Configure
- Click the configure button of your application
- Then, click the Download button
- The tracking template will be downloaded in Downloads folder of your machine
To extract the file
- Open a terminal and go to the Downloads folder
- Create a destination folder by typing mkdir -p shuriken (in this case we've named it shuriken).
- Extract the files into this folder by typing tar -xvf nameOfTarFile -C shuriken
(The -C flag tells the tar program to extract the files to the shuriken folder).
To run the Tracking application locally
- Go to the application folder by typing cd shuriken
- Select the correct node version by typing nvm use, and the the node version
- In this case, we type nvm use v8.10.0
- Install the package dependencies by typing npm install
- To run the application, type npm run start