A list of supported LoRaWAN devices can be found in our KAGE portal. You can access it from the sidebar menu -> ADD DEVICE
|You can add any LoRaWAN device for as long as it is compliant to LoRaWAN Specs.|
ADD TRACKING DEVICE
In this tutorial, you will learn how to add a LoRaWAN Device to a TTN Private instance of IOT NINJA, using the KAGE Portal.
This tutorial assumes that you already have an account with IOT NINJA and have downloaded and successfully run a tracking application in your local environment.
To add a device
- Open a browser and navigate to app.iotninja.io
- Login using your KAGE account
- On the sidebar, select DEVICES -> ADD DEVICE
- Then, select a LoRaWAN Device e.g. MDOT
- Click the Select Network Provider button, and select a LoRaWAN network server (e.g. TTN)
- Fill-in the required information.
- When you click save, you should be able to see your device from KAGE's device list, and also on the list of devices when you run your template locally.
- Name - User defined device name
- Manufacturer - The device manufacturer
- Model - The device model
- Device Type - The device type or classification
- DevEUI - The device EUI, or the unique identifier of a device in hex format. This information comes from the supplier.
- AppEUI - Also known as Join EUI, it usually comes from the supplier but it an also be set from the source code.
- AppKey - Also known as the network key, it usually comes from the supplier but it can also be set from the source code.
- Activation - Can be OTAA (Over the Air Activation) or ABP (Activation By Personalization). OTAA assigns dynamic Application Session Key (AppSKey) using the AppEUI, and the Network Session Key (NwkSKey) using the AppKey.